When you’ve been in the custom team apparel game as long as we have, you start to get the same customer questions over and over… and over again. And we don’t mind answering them! Ordering custom jerseys for yourself or your team can feel like a big undertaking, and it’s bound to come with some uncertainty. But to keep things simple, and to give our sales reps a handy little landing page for directing ordering-related FAQs, we’ve put together this post with answers to their most common queries. (Be sure to check out our main FAQ page for even more answers.) We hope it’s helpful.
1. How long will it take to get my gear?
Well, that depends on what you’ve ordered. Here’s the basic breakdown.
- Regular online store items should ship out from our fulfillment center within 7-10 days. This includes Mystery Gear.
- Team Marketplace items will take longer to ship out according to the details provided in each item’s description. You can find this listed right at the top of every Team Marketplace page, along with the ordering deadlines.
- Other items that are produced on demand will also list a delivery timeline within the product description.
- Custom orders take 4-6 weeks — and that begins after you’ve made your payment and finalized your design. We repeat: We can’t start on your order until we’ve been paid and have all of the necessary art files. This blog post explains why our production process for custom gear takes as long as it does.
2. How does the design process work?
Every custom order that you place with Savage comes with three free hours of design time with one of our staff artists. In most cases, this is enough time to help your vision come to life and create a design that you’re excited about. Here are the stages of the design process at Savage:
- Talk with your sales rep about what you want. Maybe it’s a fully sublimated jersey with a rainbow background and unicorns leaping above your team’s name.
- Ideally, you’ll provide some high-quality art files for us to use, if you want something specific (maybe you’ve already drawn the unicorn). Or some solid examples if you don’t have specific images you want to use.
- Your sales rep will relay your needs to the art team, who will put together a mock-up (or mock-ups) using any provided art files.
- Your sales rep will send the mock-up back to you for approval. At this point, there may be some back-and-forth if you want to make any tweaks to the design. Like make the unicorns bigger or change their color.
- Once your jersey is perfect, you’ll sign off on the mock-up and invoice, pay for your order, and production officially begins.
In most cases, we can’t print random images that you found online. First of all, there are copyright issues, which we discuss in-depth in this post. There’s also the question of quality — we need high-resolution files in order to produce high-quality prints for your gear. That said, you can show us any type of image to use as an example of what you’re looking for, but when our artists have to recreate a low-quality image, it can add significantly to your design time and may put you over your three-hour quota. High-res Illustrator files are our favorite.
4. How long does the design process take?
Again, custom orders get three hours of free design time with one of our staff artists, but the design process usually takes a week or two altogether. This varies based on how clear your vision is, the quality of the images you provide, and how quickly you get back to us when we ask you questions. Here are a few tips for reducing art time so we can lock down your order and send it into production ASAP.
5. How does VII gear fit?
This post takes a closer look at the sizing of our fully sublimated jerseys, and we’re working on adding photos to all of our product listings that will show our gear on different body types. We also have size charts with exact measurements on most of our gear. Still confused? Never hesitate to reach out to your sales rep if you’re unsure about what size to order.
6. My order is wrong. Where is my refund?
If you feel you’ve received an incorrect order, reach out to your sales rep right away so we can figure out what went wrong. If you’ve ordered from our online store, we should be able to quickly determine how or why you were sent the wrong item and get it remedied quickly. If it’s a custom order, we’ll need to go back through the design and production process to find where the error occurred. We will always try to find the best resolution for everyone, whether that means a refund, exchange, or reprint.
7. Can I get a better discount?
It never hurts to ask, although we are limited to how much we can discount custom gear because of the high costs of production. We have some discount options available, with the highest being 30% off. Keep in mind that discounts can’t be combined. If teams have financial limitations, they should ask their sales rep about how we can help. Savage’s Greenbackr program is a great way to crowdfund your team’s uniforms and other financial needs.
8. Will you sponsor me?
In most situations, we will reach out to a person or team if we are interested in sponsoring them. At this time, we do not sponsor individuals outside of our Savage Squad. If you are an individual with a significant following who would like to work with us, or a team interested in a sponsorship, you’re always welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be as detailed as possible when you reach out.
9. Why does my item not match the image online perfectly?
In most cases, the images you see in our online store are not photographs — they are digitized 3-D renderings of our designs created using computer software. We work hard to make them look as much like real life as possible.
10. Where can I give feedback?
We love feedback — both positive and negative! Share your thoughts with your sales rep or fill out this survey and they'll pass it along to the right people. Also look for a comment card included in your order.
11. How much will my order cost?
We offer a range of options for a range of budgets, including screen printed jerseys, spot sublimated jerseys, and fully sublimated jerseys. From there, costs vary based on quantity and design. You can find all of the details of our pricing for full subs here and other gear here. Custom disc prices are here.
12. Can you contact USPS/UPS/FedEx for me to find my package?
Unfortunately, once we ship out your order, it’s the responsibility of the carrier. In most cases, they will not disclose a package’s location to us — only the customer, so it’s better for you to inquire first. Because of this, we can’t be held responsible for third party delays, lost packages, duty fees, etc.